Action for Deafness welcomes applications for small grants for projects to benefit deaf people in Sussex.
Two awards are available from AFD:
- Grants of up to £5,000 per annum available for a maximum of 3 years for groups or organisation
- Grants of up to £1,000 per annum available for a maximum of 3 years for individuals
These grants can be used to part fund or fully fund a project.
- Grants will only be awarded to projects within Sussex.
- Grants awarded must show a positive sustainable impact on the benefactors.
- The benefactors should be Deaf, deafened, deaf blind or hard of hearing or family and friends thereof.
- Applicants must have their own bank account or, if an organisation, must have a bank account with 2 signatories.
- Funded projects must demonstrate that they are working towards Action for Deafness’ objects which are to enable and empower Deaf and hard of hearing people.
- Applications must be sent by 1st March for the first round or 1st September each year for the second round to be considered by the grant committee. If the need for financial support is urgent, then please contact AFD who will advise.
- AFD can only consider one application per individual or per organisation.
- AFD can fund new projects. However, for current grant holders, it may be possible to extend funding for more than 3 years depending on reports.
- BSL assistance in the application process is available on request. Please contact Action for Deafness for more details.
- AFD will acknowledge your application within 30 working days of it being received. If the application is not complete, it will be returned back to you and you will required to resend the application with the missing information.
- Supporting documents may also be required with your application, which will be requested.
- The applications are assessed twice a year by the Grants committee – March and September. The AFD Grants committee will make a decision on whether to reject, part fund or fully fund your project.
- If you are successful, AFD will send you a grant agreement along with terms and conditions. This will need to be signed and returned before payment will commence.
- Once confirmation has been given, AFD will write to you saying when payment will commence and about the reporting procedure.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide a signed report and financial statement every 3 months. The grant administrator may visit projects every 3 months and may request a face to face interview with individuals.
- A final report and financial statement will be required at the end of the period of the grant.
To download read the full criteria, click below
To apply for either one of our grants, click below to download an application form.
Please return this to email@example.com or post to:Action for Deafness
22 Sussex Road